Employment at PDP is through The Research Foundation of SUNY and is contingent upon funding. The Research Foundation of SUNY is a private, not-for-profit organization managing sponsored program activity for the University at Albany.
The Research Foundation is an EO/AA/IRCA/ADA employer.
If you have any questions, please contact our Recruitment Office at (518) 956-7800.
Applicants may apply to open positions via:
Professional Development Program
University at Albany
1400 Washington Avenue
University Administration Building Room 412
Albany, New York 12222
Job#: PDP-12 CTS
Closing Date: Open until filled
Salary: $30 per hour
The Professional Development Program of the University at Albany's Rockefeller College seeks candidates to fill Computer Technology Trainer - Adjunct positions in the Syracuse, Binghamton, or Central New York areas.
Description of DutiesThe incumbent supports the deployment and use of New York State (NYS) proprietary and/or off-the-shelf computer applications in state and local government agencies throughout NYS by:
- Delivering computer training on Microsoft products and proprietary software applications through the use of varied methodologies, including classroom training (both in regional computer labs and using portable lab equipment on-site at agency locations), through the use of virtual classroom technology, and providing one-on-one training assistance and customized training
- Maintaining records of training programs, content, activities, and evaluations in accordance with procedures
- Preparing routine reports
- Providing feedback on trainees' reactions to training materials and methods
- Assisting with the training schedule and travel arrangements
- Maintaining currency in job-related knowledge, products, and technologies.
- Bachelor's degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE, or an internationally recognized accrediting organization.
- Minimum of 3 years technology-related training experience.
- Excellent working knowledge of and experience teaching software, including Microsoft Office 2007 and 2010 applications and Windows 7.
- Experience learning new software applications within short timeframes.
- Demonstrated proficiency with oral and written communication.
- Applicants must address in their applications their ability to work with culturally diverse populations.
- Ability to work variable days and work hours, and travel regularly throughout NYS to deliver training and attend meetings year-round to areas that may not be served by public transportation.
- Ability to lift and transport computer equipment (PC monitors, CPUs) up to 40 pounds.
- Experience working with state or local government agencies, especially social services.
- Knowledge of NYS legacy (mainframe) computer systems and/or the NYS Human Services Enterprise Network (HSEN).
- Experience setting up and working with wireless PC networks.
- Knowledge of and experience using distance learning methods.
Position to be based in the Syracuse, Binghamton, or Central New York area. Regular travel around the state is expected. Intermittent work paid at an hourly rate.
Please send a resume to Professional Development Program, UAB 412, 1400 Washington Ave., Albany, NY 12222 or e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Include a cover letter that addresses requirements and specify Job PDP-12 CTS.
Employment is through the Research Foundation of SUNY and is contingent upon funding. The Research Foundation of SUNY is a private, not-for-profit corporation managing sponsored program activity for the University at Albany and is an EO/AA/IRCA/ADA employer.