Employment at PDP is through The Research Foundation of SUNY and is contingent upon funding. The Research Foundation of SUNY is a private, not-for-profit organization managing sponsored program activity for the University at Albany.
The Research Foundation is an EO/AA/IRCA/ADA employer.
If you have any questions, please contact our Recruitment Office at (518) 956-7800.
Applicants may apply to open positions via:
Professional Development Program
University at Albany
1400 Washington Avenue
University Administration Building Room 412
Albany, New York 12222
Closing Date: Open until filled
Salary: Up to $33,150
The Professional Development Program of the University at Albany's Rockefeller College seeks a service minded individual who is committed to performing high-quality work to fill a full-time Administrative Assistant II position. This position will provide fiscal, administrative and program support for projects administered by the Professional Development Program, specifically for the Child Support Training and Outreach Project (CSTOP).
Description of Duties
- Receive, process and distribute incoming project mail; prepare outgoing project mail for sending/shipping
- Prepare, review and submit travel vouchers, assist with travel arrangements and ensure compliance with travel policies
- Solicit bids from vendors; prepare, review and submit purchase requisitions, invoices for payment and other administrative paperwork
- Monitor CSTOP expenses and payments; maintain project payment and administrative files
- Plan for and make arrangements as needed for on-site and virtual classroom training classes, meetings, conferences or other events
- Prepare classroom materials for trainers to bring to classroom deliveries of course offerings which may include rosters, name tents, rooming lists, evaluation materials, handouts, travel packets used by participants for requesting travel reimbursements
- Handle all interactions related to STARS (Statewide Training Automated Registration System,) the sponsor's training database, including posting course offerings, monitoring registrations, canceling courses, entering course related data, running reports, and closing out courses
- Assist with program support activities including monitoring training supplies, equipment inventory, curriculum library, and trainer resources both at project-site and at PDP offices
- Assist training staff with preparing, editing and proof-reading curricula, course handouts, presentation materials, training aids, and training activities
- Format and finalize curricula and prepare for duplication either in-house or out-sourced
- Organize, monitor and help maintain electronic file of final version of curricula and course handouts and other project documents on SharePoint site and for archive records
- Monitor and help maintain project staff calendar on SharePoint to keep track of availability of project staff for collaborative work efforts
- Provide customer service to program participants including fielding calls regarding course schedule and registration process from constituent groups including CS state staff, CS staff at local districts, regional staff development coordinators and OTDA contract management staff
- Complete post-training/other event activities
- Assist with compiling quarterly report to sponsor; prepare narrative component that reflects administrative activity; Keep a record of customer support activity and compile data for inclusion report; Update on-site training delivery table for quarterly report with current data each quarter
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma and four years progressively responsible office experience.
- General administrative support experience. Proficiency with computer software, specifically Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Access and Excel). Excellent interpersonal and telephone skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, excellent written and oral communications skills, ability to manage numerous tasks, attention to detail, and ability to work independently.
- Applicants must address in their applications their abilities to work with a culturally diverse population.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 40 lbs.
- Ability to travel between project work-site in downtown Albany, the Corporate Woods PDP work-site and the uptown campus at University at Albany. Possible occasional other travel to training site within NYS.
- Post-secondary education.
- Experience working in an adult education or training setting.
- Experience with technology-based training delivery systems.
Please send a resume to Professional Development Program, UAB 412, 1400 Washington Ave., Albany, NY 12222 or e-mail to: email@example.com. Include a cover letter that addresses requirements and specify Job R#12-15.
Employment is through the Research Foundation of SUNY and is contingent upon funding. The Research Foundation of SUNY is a private, not-for-profit corporation managing sponsored program activity for the University at Albany and is an EO/AA/IRCA/ADA employer.