Employment at PDP is through The Research Foundation of SUNY and is contingent upon funding. The Research Foundation of SUNY is a private, not-for-profit organization managing sponsored program activity for the University at Albany.
The Research Foundation is an EO/AA/IRCA/ADA employer.
If you have any questions, please contact our Recruitment Office at (518) 956-7800.
Applicants may apply to open positions via:
Professional Development Program
University at Albany
1400 Washington Avenue
University Administration Building Room 412
Albany, New York 12222
Closing Date: Open until filled
Salary: High $50's DOE
The Professional Development Program of the University at Albany's Rockefeller College is seeking an experienced programmer to maintain and enhance learning management systems and develop dynamic e-learning courses. The right candidate for this position will combine expertise in ColdFusion programming and database design and development with the ability to work with writers and instructional designers to translate concepts into dynamic, engaging, e-learning courses. Candidates should be able to demonstrate an understanding of learning management systems and competencies associated with e-learning development.
- Bachelor's Degree, preferably in computer science or related field from a college or university accredited by a USDOE recognized organization.
- Experience developing, troubleshooting and enhancing ColdFusion web applications using an MS SQL backend.
- Ability to design, build and maintain relational (SQL) databases.
- Experience in web and multimedia design and development using industry standard tools, including HTML and CSS.
- Demonstrated ability to work as a member of a team and to meet posted deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work with culturally diverse groups.
- Ability to handle multiple projects.
- Excellent writing and verbal skills.
- Master's Degree in a related field.
- Thorough understanding of accessibility standards for the web.
- Graphic design experience.
- Experience working with a range of media for the web.
- Flash programming skills.
Salary will be negotiated dependent on experience and project work, but is expected to be in the high $50’s. This position requires that work be done onsite. Please send a resume to Professional Development Program, UAB 412, 1400 Washington Ave., Albany, NY 12222 or e-mail to: PDP-Jobs@albany.edu. Include a cover letter that addresses requirements including online portfolio and specify Job R#12-17.
Employment is through the Research Foundation of SUNY and is contingent upon funding. The Research Foundation of SUNY is a private, not-for-profit corporation managing sponsored program activity for the University at Albany and is an EO/AA/IRCA/ADA employer.