Employment at PDP is through The Research Foundation of SUNY and is contingent upon funding. The Research Foundation of SUNY is a private, not-for-profit organization managing sponsored program activity for the University at Albany.
The Research Foundation is an EO/AA/IRCA/ADA employer.
If you have any questions, please contact our Recruitment Office at (518) 956-7800.
Applicants may apply to open positions via:
Professional Development Program
University at Albany
1400 Washington Avenue
University Administration Building Room 412
Albany, New York 12222
Closing Date: Open until filled
Salary: Low $50's
The Professional Development Program of the University at Albany's Rockefeller College is seeking candidates to fill two Senior Computer Trainer positions based in Albany. The incumbent supports the deployment and use of New York State (NYS) proprietary and/or off-the-shelf computer applications in state and local government agencies throughout NYS by: delivering computer training on Microsoft products and proprietary software applications through the use of varied methodologies, including classroom training (both in regional computer labs and using portable lab equipment on-site at agency locations), through the use of virtual classroom technology, and providing one-on-one training assistance and customized training; participating in the planning and development of training delivery plans and curricula, including updating, maintaining, and developing instructional materials and performing research for and assisting in the design of curriculum and related materials; providing coaching, mentoring, and leadership to training staff; developing extensive knowledge and experience for one or more long-standing proprietary systems; conducting training needs assessments; interpreting/using training evaluation data to revise/modify training programs and delivery plans; working closely with project and systems staff as needed to implement project deliverables; representing PDP at meetings and conferences; maintaining records of training programs, content, activities, and evaluations in accordance with procedures; preparing routine reports; providing feedback on trainees' reactions to training materials and methods; assisting with the training schedule and travel arrangements; and maintaining currency in job-related knowledge, products, and technologies.
- Bachelor's degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE, or an internationally recognized accrediting organization.
- Minimum of 3 years technology-related training experience.
- Minimum of 1 year delivering technology-related training for a NYS public sector application.
- Experience working with state or local government agencies, especially social services.
- Experience setting up and working with wireless PC networks.
- Knowledge of and experience using distance learning methods.
- Excellent working knowledge of and experience teaching software, including Microsoft Office 2007 and 2010 applications and Windows 7.
- Experience learning new software applications within short timeframes.
- Demonstrated proficiency with oral and written communication.
- Applicants must address in their applications their ability to work with culturally diverse populations.
- Ability to work variable days and work hours, and travel regularly throughout NYS to deliver training and attend meetings year-round to areas that may not be served by public transportation.
- Ability to lift and transport computer equipment (PC monitors, CPUs) up to 40 pounds.
- Experience delivering training for a NYS Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance (OTDA) or Office of Children and Family Services (OCFS) system, including Adult Services Automation Project (ASAP), Child Care Facility System (CCFS), Statewide Financial System (SFS), Consumer Information System (CIS), or Welfare-To-Work Caseload Management System (WTWCMS).
- Knowledge of and/or experience presenting training for staff utilizing assistive technology.
- Knowledge of NYS legacy (mainframe) computer systems and/or the NYS Human Services Enterprise Network (HSEN).
Please send a resume to Professional Development Program, UAB 412, 1400 Washington Ave., Albany, NY 12222 or e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Include a cover letter that addresses requirements and specify Job R#12-20.
Employment is through the Research Foundation of SUNY and is contingent upon funding. The Research Foundation of SUNY is a private, not-for-profit corporation managing sponsored program activity for the University at Albany and is an EO/AA/IRCA/ADA employer.