Employment at PDP is through The Research Foundation of SUNY and is contingent upon funding. The Research Foundation of SUNY is a private, not-for-profit organization managing sponsored program activity for the University at Albany.
The Research Foundation is an EO/AA/IRCA/ADA employer.
If you have any questions, please contact our Recruitment Office at (518) 956-7800.
Applicants may apply to open positions via:
Professional Development Program
University at Albany
1400 Washington Avenue
University Administration Building Room 412
Albany, New York 12222
Closing Date: Open until filled
Salary: Low $50's
The Professional Development Program of the University at Albany’s Rockefeller College seeks a candidate to fill a Senior Education Specialist position. The selected candidate will develop and deliver training and technical assistance programs related to Child Welfare Case Recording to caseworkers in local districts of social services and voluntary agencies to support effective casework practices, and will act as liaison with regional offices and local departments of social services concerning delivery of training. Duties also include but are not limited to: deliver training and training support on project topics including FASP and Progress Notes to caseworkers of local department of social services and voluntary agencies, conduct needs assessment, assist with the development and revision of training materials as needed, prepare and complete reports as requested. The individual will also assist in the planning, development, and writing of training curricula. Full-time position with variable work hours. Ability to travel regularly throughout New York State to deliver training is required.
- Bachelor’s degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE, or an internationally recognized accrediting organization in Social Welfare, or a related field;
- Four years experience in NYS Office of Children and Family Services’ local district system providing child welfare services, such as in child protective services;
- Experience in the delivery of instructional programs for adults and providing consultation;
- Knowledge of recent federal and New York State child welfare initiatives;
- Knowledge of adult education theory;
- Demonstrated proficiency with oral and written skills;
- Applicant must address in their application their ability to work with a culturally diverse population;
- Ability to deal with multiple priorities/competing deadlines in a team setting;
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer use, specifically Microsoft products;
- Ability to deliver training at various locations within NYS that may not be served by public transportation and the ability to lift 40 pounds;
- Candidates selected for a final interview will be asked to give a presentation that focuses specifically on an issue in the child welfare arena; and
- Candidates will be asked to provide a writing sample.
- Master’s degree from a college or university accredited by a USDOE, or an internationally recognized accrediting organization in Social Welfare, or a related field, and a minimum of two years experience in child welfare services;
- Experience providing supervision in child welfare services;
- Experience in curriculum development; and
- Familiarity with CONNECTIONS.
Please send a resume to Professional Development Program, UAB 412, 1400 Washington Ave., Albany, NY 12222 or e-mail to: email@example.com. Include a cover letter that addresses requirements and specify Job R#12-22.
Employment is through the Research Foundation of SUNY and is contingent upon funding. The Research Foundation of SUNY is a private, not-for-profit corporation managing sponsored program activity for the University at Albany and is an EO/AA/IRCA/ADA employer.