Tobacco Treatment Interventions
Under contract with the New York State Department of Health Tobacco Control Program, PDP has designed and delivered training to New York State addiction service providers on Integrating Tobacco Use Interventions into Chemical Dependence Services. This training helps addiction professionals learn about tobacco dependence and the evidenced-based treatment methods that have been shown to be effective to help people stop using tobacco.
PDP has developed five modules of classroom training and seven modules of online learning, all of which provide OASAS, Certified Alcohol and Substance Abuse Counseling, Certified Protection Professional, and Child Protective Services continuing professional education clock hours. The trainings cover the following content areas:
- Attitudes and Beliefs, History, Rationale, and OASAS Regulation Part 856
- Tobacco Dependence, Assessment, Diagnosis, and Pharmacotherapy
- Behavioral Interventions, Motivational Interviewing and Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy
- Treatment Planning for Tobacco Dependence
- Co-occurring Mental Health and Substance Use Disorders
PDP Tobacco Interventions staff have also designed and delivered webinars on tobacco-related subjects for the OASAS Learning Thursday series, and have delivered multiple tobacco-related conference presentations, enhancing the knowledge and skills of addiction professionals.